The Final Day of 13 Days of Halloween Nails - Saved the Best For Last!!

Happy Sunday everyone! I must say I am glad I am not digging out from snow right now. This weather is just crazy! I have to say I am looking forward to sweaters and boots and layers but not yet. I am enjoying this mild cool weather we are having. Well enough about that stuff because I have certainly saved the best mani for the last day of 13 Days of Halloween Nails. I must say first that I have searched high and low for China Glaze Ghoulish Glow and could not find it anywhere. My Sally's got one shipment of their Halloween polishes and those were gone within a day. As of Friday they still had no in stock. Well yesterday I came home from work and my BF was waiting, gift-in-hand, to celebrate our Five Year Anniversary! It was GHOULISH GLOW!

So I had it in my mind that I wanted to do a Jason Mask mani with Ghoulish Glow if/when I could ever get it. I had staged my 13 Days of Halloween Manis to end Sunday, with a wrap-up on Monday. I honestly had kind of given up on the idea because I thought I would never get the polish until after I was done with the 13 Days. Well my little darling came through and I was able to present you with this awesome mani.
Wet n Wild White Creme - Base Polish
China Glaze Ghoulish Glow - Glow in the Dark Top Coat
OPI Red Shatter
Wet n Wild Black Creme - Jason Face
Love My Nails Seductive Red - Red on Mask

I found out that Ghoulish Glow works best over a stark white base after testing it over white and a greige color. The white base definitely made the glow much brighter. I applied 2 coats of white, 2 coats of ChG  Ghoulish Glow to all fingers. I used my OPI Red Shatter for the first time for this special occasion. It would have looked really cool with a red splatter mani and a Jason Mask but I was cramped for time. Now what glow-in-the-dark mani would be complete with out a glow photo.

Now I must say it was a learning process to get it to photograph right in the dark. I found that if I have my boyfriend be the "light switcher" I can get in position to be ready to take a photo. To take the photo I actually just turned my flash off and got my camera to focus on my nails and then I had my BF turn off the light and voila! This manicure out of all 13 is my fave and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. I can not say that for some of the other days. I will have a full wrap-up posted tomorrow of all 13 Manis! So in case you missed some...Stay Tuned. 

Comments

  1. Yep thats my favorite too !! Awesome!! Happy Anniversary also!!! And Happy Halloween!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! just found your blog. my photographer husband was impressed by your glowing picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water Marble Success

Tropical Sunset