Tropical Sunset

Happy Friday! Well I don't know about you but I wish I was on a beach somewhere. Instead I'm having to settle for nail art sunsets. I have to say this was quite easy to do, but I will say I am only showing you my left hand for a reason.


My Thumb = My favorite!

I got my inspiration from IartKandi's YouTube video. Click the link to watch her video. Her tutorial is great and she taught me everything I know. This is the fist time I attempted sponging let along using a stripe brush to make a object. I mean stripes I have done but palm trees, definitely not. It went better than expected and I love the results.
L-R
 Glitzerland, Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?, Blazed, Dream Poppy,
Black Striper, Makeup Sponge
I laid down two coats of Glitzerland to make my nail opaque. I then put one coat of Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? over my whole nail. Next came the sponging which was quite fun. I sponged on Blazed first which is a coral so it blended the orange and the pink together. I then sponged on the Dream Poppy and finished up with sponging on a couple of coats of Glitzerland on the bottom of my nail to represent "sand". In the YouTube tutorial she uses beautiful blues which I love. Lord knows I have enough blues to do ombre down the street, so I might have to try that one next. I had fun with this one and surprised myself that I could perform nail art that didn't just require cutting tape.

Comments

  1. Amy imfeelingnail-venturousJuly 22, 2011 at 3:27 PM

    Awesome!!!!! I have been wanting to do something similar to this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those :)
    yup my right hand gets super messy, especially when i do it last lol.. but if i do it first i get bored got it takes forever

    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty. I'm gonna have to try a sponge mani, they are so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bailey_AlltheWordsJuly 22, 2011 at 11:04 PM

    That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are psychic, Just last night I wanted to see nails with palm trees. Thanks, now I have a picture to help me practice making them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I Love this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to think of what I want to do next with a sponge mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! It was my first time doing this technique and first time attempting something other than straight lines with a striper so I'm happy it turned out the way it did

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am psychic I did them just for you. lol. Just kidding but they are super easy it was my first time doing it and I have no art skills at all. I'm talking stick figures are unrecognizable. If I can do it anyone can. Oh and the YouTube video is super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water Marble Success