Water Marble Virgin No More!


So I got inspired by my last post and decided to try the marble nails for myself. First off let me say that I love the results but I got extremely frustrated at times because the polish would not do as I wanted to. I started with a fully opaque white for the base of the water marble. I wanted to go with neon colors because I was feeling extra summer-y. I went with my China Glaze Shocking Pink (Sally's), Sally Hansen Blue Me Away! (Wal-Mart), and Pure Ice Wild Thing (Wal-Mart). My first couple nails went pretty well and I even got the flower that you see on the first picture but that is where the fun ended. First it started by getting polish on my forehead because I was trying to do too much at once. I also at one point dropped the whole entire neon pink brush into the water with other paints in there. That was a huge mess but I must say in my defense holding the brush with scotch tape fingers is not that easy. I was so lucky to have my boyfriend at home with me because he was my assistant for the THREE HOUR process. He helped clean all my mistakes up and even helped me drop some of the paint in the cup. The biggest disaster came via a huge whole in the bottom of the cup. Water was everywhere and once again the boyfriend came to my rescue so I did not mess up the nails I already had done. The hardest part I found with the actual technique is getting the paint to make the design I want. Any suggestions for perfecting the design would be much obliged. The pictures are not the best. It was hard for me to get true colors in my house and pardon the mess I am still getting it off my cuticles.

Verdict: I would do this again because I like the results. I think that practice will only help me. I will definitely be picking a day that my boyfriend is off! : )


Right Hand
Left Hand

 Has anyone else tried this? How was your experience?

Comments

  1. At least you got through it and persevered! I did a great one on my first try then, on my second try I got done with my first three fingers went to do the fourth on and messed up the first three on my palm! I was so irritaed and mad at myself, I Haven't tried it again since, maybe tonight though, since you inspired me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes i found that out about the whole polish eating plastic cups. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out really good! :]
    When I water marble, I tape one hand at a time, it's easier to handle with brushes and the orange stick I use to make a pattern. Also, nail polish will eat through plastic cups, so I use ones that are covered in this waxy substance.. I'm not sure how to describe it hahaha. And neons are hard to marble with, since they dry so fast. Your manicure looks a LOT better than my neon one! lol:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's so sweet. Hope it goes well!

    Stephanie B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water Marble Success

Tropical Sunset